Where do we go when we die? This blog examines what communities, planners and others are doing (and not doing) for cemeteries.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Erosion threatens historic Ohio cemetery
Heavy rains and the spring thaw have created an erosion problem that threatens graves in Spencerville, Ohio, of soldiers who fought in the War of 1812. The local historical society and Auglaize County officials lack the funds to fix the problem, and the project would need backing from sponsors to approach the Army Corps of Engineers to do the work.
"Show me your cemeteries, and I will tell you what kind of people you have." -- Benjamin Franklin
Where do we go when we die? This blog explores the places where cemeteries and land use intersect, and examines what urban planners and thinkers, communities and others are doing (and not doing) about cemeteries.
You can find a companion site at Facebook, and I'm tweeting about these subjects at Twitter, at @TaphoFiles.
You can read more about this blog at the Welcome post.
I am a retired journalist and adjunct professor of journalism. I studied GIS, and I have blogged about cemeteries and land use, urban issues, and honey. All views expressed are those of the author alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment